Ceremony: Tuesday, December 21st, 2021 at 7PM (EST)
AAP’s GOLDEN CRANE Podcast Awards 2021
The 2nd Annual GOLDEN CRANE Podcast Awards show, a black-tie affair, will be held live on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. EST via Zoom.
So, by dusting off your gala-wear (at least from the waist on up) and getting tickets to the show, you’re supporting the work of AAP (the Asian American Podcasters Association). We thank you in advance, and can’t wait to see you — and your friends!!
Submission Form for Nominations
is now closed.
This award honors podcasts of distinction and overall excellence. While the purpose is to recognize and increase visibility of Asian and Asian American podcasters, winning a GOLDEN CRANE also encourages under-represented showrunners to further strengthen their voices and highlight their work. All are welcome to apply.
– Current podcasts only, with at least one episode published in November 2021.
– Language: English. Perhaps we can offer other languages next year.
– Public podcast, with an RSS feed not behind a pay wall. Videocasts and shows that do not have an RSS feed are ineligible.
– Entrants can self-nominate their own show.
– Shows can be nominated for more than one category. Each category submission requires the corresponding entry fee.
– Students (elementary, middle school, high school) must enter their work in the student category.
– Students: entry fee is $15 per category entry, with proof of current matriculation.
– AAP members: entry fee is $25 per category entry. Must be a member of our Facebook group — AND— be a current subscriber to our newsletter.
– Submitters can join AAP at any time before nominating their entry. It is free to join right now. Click HERE to join.
– Non-AAP members: entry fee is $50 per category entry.
– Entry is considered incomplete and ineligible without payment.
– All transactions are final, and there are no refunds.
– Entries are judged based on the quality of work submitted, regardless of downloads and listenership.
– There is a panel of judges, and submitted shows do not need to garner votes; the GOLDEN CRANE Podcast Awards program is not a social-media popularity contest.
– AAP and judges reserve the right to withhold awards if the quality does not merit recognition.
-Winners will be announced on Tuesday, December 21st during the live ceremony, which will be livestreamed.
– Nominees must attend.
– It is a black-tie event. And really fun, we might add.
– For an entry which includes more than one person, all names will be listed on the award.
– There is one award per winning show; individuals on a team may purchase an award for themselves for an additional fee.
For last year’s winners, click HERE.
Categories for 2021:
▪️ Audio Drama
▪️ Mental Health
▪️ Society & Culture
▪️ Sound Design
▪️ Sports/Hobby (Special Interest)
▪️ Student-Age-Hosted Podcast (Ages 8 to 17)
▪️ Asian Culture: Stories and Experiences